[mythtv] Untunable channels on multirec

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 20 14:05:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 09:26 +0100, Bradley Kite wrote:
> In trunk, when a channel goes off air the MHEG "this channel is
> closed" screen correctly appears.
>
> In multirec branch it causes LiveTV to exit with "An error occurred
> while trying to display video". Going back into LiveTV once this
> occurs, it takes about 10 or 20 seconds before it occurs again (no
> MHEG screen is displayed). Trying to change channel within this time
> fails.
>
> At first glance it doesnt look like the back-end is actually capturing
> the MHEG data properly - it immediatley stops recording:
<snip>

Hard to tell from those log snippets. That would be one explanation
but it seems that this should be working so long as you allow MHEG
stream recording in your recording profile (the default option).

> I dont mind trying to have a look at this in more detail but am not
> too sure where to start - with some guidance I'll do some more
> debugging/testing.

The first thing to do is get a good log file. Run mythbackend with
"-v record,channel,siparser" and about 2 minutes before a program
ends, enter LiveTV. Now wait until the frontend gives you the error
message and then end the frontend and backend processes. Now attach
the log from the backend to the #3326 ticket so I can have a look
at it.

-- Daniel