[mythtv] New Plugin MythPython and two new MythUITypes for libmythui

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Sep 19 20:39:58 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 12:39:50 pm Johannes Leupolz wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> l am developing a plugin for MythTV which I call MythPython.
> MythPython is a plugin, which allows you to create other
> gui-based plugins for mythtv using the script-language python.
> This plugin makes it possible to create much easier plugins to watch for
> example videos from youtube or form the apple trailer database.
> XBoxMediaCenter shows us, how successful such a plugin can be:
> http://www.xbmcscripts.com has a gigantic collection of user-contibuted
> scripts for many different tasks.
>
> MythPython is totally based on libmythui (see task #12) and has two new
> MythUITypes on board (which are in an early stage at this point):
> MythUIManagedTreeList and MythUILineEdit.

Looks like a good start, and I do like that it's based on libmythui rather
than the old code. =)

However, you're porting over the old UIManagedTreeListType, correct?  I would
really prefer it if the basic tree type in libmythui were more like the old
UIListTreeType (and so the new code would live on top of MythListButton),
instead.  The API's much nicer/easier to use, and the intention was to
deprecate the old ManagedTreeListType and not port that over to mythui.

Isaac