[mythtv] Default duplicate check method

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Sep 18 01:46:53 UTC 2007

* On Mon Sep 17, 2007 at 05:49:06PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> I'm coming around to the idea that instead of changing the default, we could
> just remember the preferred setting. My dilemma is that I dislike adding new
> settings, IMHO there are already too many. We could instead just remember
> the 'last used' setting as in most cases people won't be changing the method
> that often.
>
> Otherwise, we just have to wait (again) until someone can figure out a better
> solution.

The 'settings' could be as simple as a new 'fake' recording type that we ignore
for Scheduling, but use for the scheduled recording editor.    So, we'd have
a new 'kDefaultRecSettings' RecordingType equal to -2.  This would be ignored
by the scheduler, but there would be an entry in the record table with this
-1 type and that would provide the scheduled recording editor with the defaults
to use for a new scheduled recording.  We could even get fancy and have
multiples samples in the future, with the title indicating the sample name.
The 'Sports' sample could be put in Dad's recgroup with a +2 priority and
and ending 30 minutes late, while 'Cartoons' would go in the kids group with
a -1 priority and UserJob1 turned on by default.  By storing these samples in
the record table, we can use the existing Scheduled Recording editor to edit
them and don't end up with 5 new pages in the settings area.

--
Chris