[mythtv] Parental Controls and MythVideo

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 16 00:27:49 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 17:08 -0700, Doug Young wrote:

> Daniel...can you tell me what, if anything, got done for the SoC
> project Mike mentioned.  I'm considering tackling this mostly because
> I run a large, diverse household (ie, one of the target audiences).
> My key usage points are that it has to be -extremely- invisible day to
> day (I almost lost the WAF battle when the tv started coming up in a
> menu instead of booting to live...don't even want to think about
> having to make her log in!), but powerful enough to be useful.  Not
> sure how to approach that, so was looking for some pointers.

There is a list of TODO's in the last comment on the merge
ticket, #2532.

The branch also needs to be brought up to date with the current
trunk. In addition to the TODO's there are usability issues, but
the basic account handling is there except for the seven issues
mentioned in the TODO.

If you are really going to spend some time on this I'll get the
branch updated with the changes in trunk for you, so it will be
easier for you to work on this. Your household sounds like the
ideal testbed for improving usability.

-- Daniel