[mythtv] Theme Discrepancies

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Mon Sep 10 03:01:36 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Justin Hornsby and Stuart Morgan have been working on something like
> this in their (little bit of) free time.  (Though I don't know if they
> plan to promise forwards compatibility (what you've referred to as
> backwards compatibility).)  But, as it really isn't required (and is
> less visible than other "bug" fixes), I don't think it's their highest
> priority.

I think it's both forwards and backwards compatibility.

Backwards in the sense that new code (ie requiring some container)
should not break the old themes, while forwards in the sense that old
themes should work with things like new XML attributes through the
choice of sane defaults.

Or am I labouring under my own special brand of ignorance as to the
correct definitions of backwards/fowards compatibility? If so, apologies.

Johan.