[mythtv] Parental Controls and MythVideo

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:05:39 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/07/2007 12:29 AM, Doug Young wrote:
> > I've already started looking at the code, and doing a bit of coding,
>
> Just how much coding are you willing to do?  Any interest in looking
> through the archives/repo at the multi-user SoC project stuff and
> starting to tackle it "the right way"?  (Not saying that a multi-PIN
> approach wouldn't be accepted, just that there are /many/ more benefits
> to a multi-user approach.)
>
> >  but was
> > wondering (before I get too far) a: if this was already available
> somehow,
> > and I was just being dense and missing it,
>
> Don't know.  I don't use any parental controls (my parents live
> 1000miles away, so it would take them a while to get here to change
> things for me).
>
> >  and b: if I was the only one with
> > this particular itch (ie, would this be useful to submit, or should I
> just
> > slink off in a corner and keep it to myself ;-)
>
> From posts I've seen on the lists, you're definitely not the only one
> with the itch, and some are itching for more (like the multi-user thing).
>
> Just a suggestion to consider.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Multi-user would be -great-...and sounds like I'd have to wrap my brain
around a -much- larger part of the codebase to do it right.  Eventually,
yes, I could easily see myself going that far, as donating code back to a
project I've used would be great.  I'd like to start off a -tad- less
ambitious, as I've learned that biting off more than you can chew is a good
way to sour yourself on a project and then have a large amount of incomplete
code lying around that you never get back to.

However, I will take a look to see what's been asked about, proposed,
etc...see if I can make this something that might be compatible with a
possible, eventual larger implementation.
--
Doug