[mythtv] EPG Slow

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Thu Sep 6 17:01:08 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/06/2007 11:51 AM, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> > I recently upgraded from SVN 13713 to SVN 14385 and have noticed that scrolling or
> > jumping to a channel in the EPG is unbearably slow.  I am running on a P4 2Gig w/ latest
> > Fedora 6 updates.  I have an Nvidia 5200 card using VGA out and (apparently from the logs)
> > using "Video timing method: USleep with busy wait."  I'm running the Mythcenter-wide theme
> > using a screen mode of 1360x765.  I also have the OpenGL painter in use (instead of Qt).
> >
> > I've tried switching to normal mythcenter (not wide), turning off the opengl painter and
> > switching to qt, and none of these seem to make a difference.
> >
> > I have another system that is fairly different hardware:  AMD with nvidia 440MX using the
> > legacy binary drivers using svideo out and standard def mythcenter.  It's running the same
> > rev of SVN and connecting to the main server and it does not exhibit this behavior.  I just
> > checked and it's also using USleep with busy wait.
> >
> > Can anyone point me in a direction to assist in troubleshooting this?
>
> Sounds like missing/inaccessible (though specified in the DB) channel icons.
>
> Mike

That is the only thought that I had based on previous posts that I'd seen.  It doesn't jive though b/c nothing has changed as far as the location of the icons (or the DB) and there are some icons showing up.  I never had icons populated for all channels anyway, but I think that the ones that I had are showing up in the EPG.

In addition sometimes when I do a PAGEUP or PAGEDN, it will actually move the channels column (on the left) and then there'll be a long pause before it updates the actual guide data block. Although in general, any action is slow.

-b