[mythtv] How to report a reproducible mythfrontend crash on a particular video segment

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 16:12:43 UTC 2007

Hello.  I made a recording yesterday that causes a
reproducible crash of mythfrontend at the exact same
place every time.  I see a ticket on this in "trac"
but the reporter is having a hard time reproducing it.
 So I'd like to be able to add my experience as a data
point since I can reproduce this with my recording.

My question is, would it be valuable to provide the
exact video that is causing the problem?  If so, is
there a way to "clip" out a certain segment, because
the recording is 34 GB (a college football game
recorded in HD).  I'm happy to use either MythTV
itself or some other command line tool but would need
a hint to get started.  (The recording is in MPEG
format from a pcHDTV 5500.)

Please advise on the best way to report this crash.
Thanks in advance.