[mythtv] No closed captions with either capture cards

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 19:22:41 UTC 2007

Hi, I've been unable to get closed captioning to
display with either of my hardware capture cards.  One
is a Dvico FusionHDTV5 RT for HD, and the other is an
Avermedia M150 for hardware analog encoding.  In
Mythtv 20.2, I could get subtitles with the Dvico
card.  Now they are gone for both cards.

  I submitted my problem to the mythtv-users list, and
the only advice I got was to check that my VBI was
configured correctly in 'mythtv-setup'.  I said it
was, as NTSC closed captions.

  By the way, now I'm using Mythtv 21 SVN from about a
week ago, and I can get closed captions to work if I
configure both my cards as analog v4l framebuffer
cards - which doesn't help me one whit.

  Can anyone here help me determine what the problem
is?  As I mentioned in the other list, there are two
hard-of-hearing individuals who would appreciate it
very much if I can get closed captions to work.

Thanks very much
Sam