[mythtv] Random Multirec Crashes...

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sat Oct 27 18:44:11 UTC 2007

Jochen Kühner píše v Pá 26. 10. 2007 v 21:08 +0200:
> Are some people using the multirec branch at the moment?

I do.

> 1.) After a time of running the backend, there is an error that it could
> not connect to the backend (but i'm only using one). I don't know the
> right text at the moment, i writ it when the problem occurs next time.

Yes, happens to me, too. That's usually because the backend died but I
also experienced situation where the FE managed to connect to BE second
time (while reporting that no BE is running at first, etc).

> 2.) Often my recordings have a size of 0bytes. When i then kill
> mythbackend, and start it again, then the recordings work too, but after
> a few hours of running again some recordings have 0 bytes.

This happens to me sometimes, too.

> 3.) I have a few crashes...

Me too. I just found this one in the logs:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc

Petr

P.S. I wonder what does the following warning mean: "DVBChan(3:1)
Warning: Your frequency setting (11992500)
is out of range. (min/max:950000/2150000)"

I understand that 9,500,000/2,150,000 are the limits for frequencies
after conversion while the 11,992,500 is the original satellite
frequency before the conversion but why thy are compared together?
Perhaps wrong configuration somewhere??

Petr