[mythtv] mythfilldatabase: segmentation fault

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 23:45:17 UTC 2007

On Saturday 27 October 2007 00:17:42 David Shay wrote:
> On 9/23/07, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 September 2007 21:41:42 Ma Begaj wrote:
> > > It says that "mythfilldatabase run complete", but it also says
> > > "Sementation fault" ...
> > >
> > > Should I worry about this?
> >
> > No, nothing to worry about. It's a bug in QT 3.3.8 and doesn't affect how
> > mythtv works, just that the applications segfault when they are exiting.
> >
> > It's fixed in QT 3.3.9. Most distros are now offering updated or patched
> > versions of QT in their repositories.
>
> I can't find 3.3.9 in Gentoo.  In fact, even at ftp.trolltech.com, the
> highest the 3.3 series goes up to is 3.3.8.  Are some distros calling the
> latest rev/patches of 3.3.8 3.3.9?

3.3.9 won't be released unless security related issues are found in 3.3.8. I
spoke to Trolltech about it not long ago and they were kind enough to provide
a copy of their fix, which I subsequently distributed to all the packagers.
That included Gentoo, so if it hasn't already, I expect the fix will appear
in an updated 3.3.8 package soon.

--
Stuart Morgan