[mythtv] MythVideo unberably slow in high resolution, 100% cpu usage by X11.

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 15:05:43 UTC 2007

On 20/10/2007, Mikael Leiviskä <lereg at zero-kelvin.org> wrote:

> I've read that thread at some point but iirc their problem was that they
> were using bad/slow drivers. Specifically the nv drivers. I do run
> nvidia closed source drivers, I have to run the legacy drivers because
> my GF4Ti is not supported in the main drivers anymore.

At least one person had the same problem using the legacy nvidia driver. As
far as I know no-one's had the problem with the non-legacy driver.

>I did compile Mythtv with profiling support and tried to find out where
> >the problem was. It seemed to be spending most of its time inside
> >certain QT routines.
>
> If you're using the OpenGL painter, why on earth is it calling QT
> routines? Isn't that the point of using the GL painter ? To not be
> calling heavy software drawing routines?

I was using the QT painter. The problem occurs with both.

P.S. Your video tearing problem is probably caused by you having
> OpenGL set to ignore V-Sync. Set VSync on by using the nvidia-settings
> application under OpenGL Settings find "Sync to VBlank" make sure it's
> ticked. That should do the trick.

Yes, tried that, it didn't work.

--
Paul Mason