[mythtv] MythVideo unberably slow in high resolution, 100% cpu usage by X11.

Mikael Leiviskä lereg at zero-kelvin.org
Sat Oct 20 14:16:32 UTC 2007

I've read that thread at some point but iirc their problem was that they
were using bad/slow drivers. Specifically the nv drivers. I do run
nvidia closed source drivers, I have to run the legacy drivers because
my GF4Ti is not supported in the main drivers anymore.

>I did compile Mythtv with profiling support and tried to find out where
>the problem was. It seemed to be spending most of its time inside
>certain QT routines.

If you're using the OpenGL painter, why on earth is it calling QT
routines? Isn't that the point of using the GL painter ? To not be
calling heavy software drawing routines?

P.S. Your video tearing problem is probably caused by you having
OpenGL set to ignore V-Sync. Set VSync on by using the nvidia-settings
application under OpenGL Settings find "Sync to VBlank" make sure it's
ticked. That should do the trick.