[mythtv] MythVideo unberably slow in high resolution, 100% cpu usage by X11.

Mikael Leiviskä lereg at zero-kelvin.org
Sat Oct 20 11:19:46 UTC 2007

>> 1) Wrong mailing list. mythtv-users is more approriate.
I believe this is a bug in MythTV that's why I post on the dev list. Why
 on earth does myth take 100% cpu and still take around 2 seconds to
reach the next entry in any media list while using the opengl painter
sounds like an obvious bug or nasty design miss to me.

>> 2) You don't actually mention what your video sources are.
>> Assuming they MPEG2?
I didn't mention video sources as they are not relevant to the problem
the problem is that the frontend is unbearably slow while browsing any
kind of file, game list, video list, tv guide, video manager, you name
it. Regardless of the source type. This is clearly a problem with the
frontend.

>> 3) When you say "scroll in the video list",do you mean TV recordings?
When I say "scroll in the video list" I mean "scroll in the list of
videos" video as in DivX, XviD, whatever MythVideo.

>> 4) The output from "mythfrontend -v playback"
>> may help people on the users list to debug your problem
I put the output from a mythfrontend -v playback run at:
http://zero-kelvin.org/pub/output
I didn't run any videos or games or anything just used the frontend
which still exhibited the unbearable slowness.

> Add
> Option        "UseEvents" "true"
I tried and it had no effect what so ever