[mythtv] Failed to create CI handler thread

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Oct 16 05:46:45 UTC 2007

HI!

In the last couple of weeks, I had 2 occasions of this error:

1.
DVB#0 CA Error: Failed to create CI handler thread

2.
DVB#2 CA Error: Failed to create CI handler thread

So, it does not seem to be related to one specific card.

Shortly (1-2 hours) before that, Myth already produced recordings with 0
bytes and no error in the log. After that, mythbackend cannot be
contacted anymore by mythfrontend.

I am using 3 DVB-C cards and I only have unencrypted channels.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!

Thomas