[mythtv] ffmpeg sync

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sun Oct 14 11:47:23 UTC 2007

Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Sunday 14 October 2007 01:53:39 Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
>
>> Mark Kendall wrote:

>>> No obvious issues over a couple of hours of viewing.
>>>
>>> BBC-HD (DVB-S) is still problematic - it is clearly using both
>>> cores (Core2Duo E6600) but one is pegged at almost 100%, the other
>>> 60-80% and I get minor pauses every 3-4 seconds. Live tv is worse
>>> than recorded material.
>>>

>> With a AMD X2 4600+ i get both cores regularly going to 90% load on
>> BBC-HD. Problem is that the video is not fluent though, lots of
>> micro-pauses. Its almost watchable....
>>
>> Currently running a recording to test from a recording.
>>
>> HD recorded from Film1-HD seems to run smoothly. A recording from
>> HD-NL (shadows final tour) is stuttering though, even with processor
>> load of both cores not going above 40%
>>

> please try attached patch.
>
> Janne

Janne,

I think you have nailed it. Recordings from BBC-HD are fluent now. Will
test live TV later today (at the moment they seem not to broadcast BBC-HD)

playback of recordings from film1-HD has also improved.

HD-NL recordings with EXQI branding on left hand side are still not OK.
Its as if i get dropped frames.

Very good improvement!

Cheers,

Rudy