[mythtv] ffmpeg sync

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Oct 12 00:22:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

the next ffmpeg sync is overdue and working H.264 PAFF (since 9th of
october) in ffmpeg is an exellent opportunity.

Almost 2000 revisions passed since the last merge and noteable changes
beside PAFF are the updated ac3 decoder, dca decoder and slice-based
parallelism in the H.264 decoder.
With both H.264 changes playback of H.264 HDTV as used in Europe should
be possible on most dual core processors. A 15mbit 1080p stream plays
on a Athlon64 X2 2ghz with using between 50 and 70% cpu.

There are tons of other changes (ape and atrac3 decoder, nut and
matroska muxer, much cleanup and file splitting, ...) but those aren't
that relevant to mythtv.

The patch compiles cleanly on x86 and x86_64. Mpeg2 and H.264 recordings
seems be without regressions. Plugins compiled fine but aren't tested.

Please test and report any problems. Patches apply with -p2.

http://www.grunau.be/ffmpeg_sync_10712_14666_0.diff.bz2

simple multithreaded patch, threading must be enabled
with --enable-ffmpeg-pthreads.
http://www.grunau.be/0001-enable-multithreaded-video-stream-decoding.patch

I still have some things to do before the patch can be applied:
test plugins, especially dvd playback
merge libavformat/mpegts.c many conflicts, is still r8742 plus our
modifications
review configure changes
test ppc altivec build

Janne