[mythtv] motion_est_template.c:178: error: can't find a register in class?`GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 8 03:49:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 01:41:13AM +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Sunday 07 October 2007 23:46:41 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Hi,

> > x86_64 builds are fine though (they have more registers), so it looks
> > like a register starvation issue maybe caused by different
> > optimization levels. The packages are built for i386 with i686
> > optimizations, but not requiring i686. The same setup worked with
> > trunk/r14374 (a month ago) and also works with the current 20-fixes
> > code.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to fix it, or if this is a general issue,
> > could it be fixed in the trunk? Thanks!
>
> yes, don't remove -fomit-frame-pointer from OPTFLAGS

But isn't that on by default with even -O1? Maybe the debug flags kill
it? I see a CAN_DEBUG_WITHOUT_FP in gcc's info referring to it which
implies that debugging flags turn this off.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net