[mythtv] LFireDev Error: Starting A/V streaming: Cannot allocate memory

Kelly Campbell kelly.a.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:30:49 UTC 2007

Cool, good to hear that fix worked for you. I haven't compiled a
kernel with the patch yet mostly because I want to build using the
ubuntu/debian kernel build process and haven't figured that bit out
yet. It would be cool if you could followup with that info on the bug
at ubuntu launchpad. Maybe they can get the patch in there before the
7.10 release or if not at least in one of the first kernel updates.

I've found I don't need any of the special test firewire or channel
change scripts anymore with the new firewire code in mythtv trunk. I
have a motorola DCT-6200 (comcast) which is really really flakey, but
I finally had good luck other than the vmalloc_32 errors when I
switched to using broadcast mode. For some reason it only wants to
send video on channel 63, not channel 0 which  the p2p mode uses.

-Kelly