[mythtv] mythfilldatabase environment requirements

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Oct 4 01:11:08 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 13:55:22 Nick Morrott wrote:
> For some environment debugging when MythTV runs MFDB, how about
> changing the MFDB command to a simple script which dumps the env info
> when MFDB runs (i.e. what the nz-py grabber is seeing) and then
> returning true? At least this way you could compare the env vars
> available when running the grabber from the commandline and when run
> via MFDB from within mythbackend.
>
> Another idea involves making sure the path to the grabber MythTV is
> using is correct in the database
> (mythconverg.videosource.xmltvgrabber), and then, in the
> mythfilldatabase setup screen, making sure your pass the following
> grabber options:
>
> --debug --config-file /path/to/config
>
> This should provide additional useful output and allow you to specify
> which config file to use if there is an env setting issue.

I've just fixed an error in the grabber which would only show up if the users
PATH isn't set. It's available at the tv_grab_nz-py site. This is probably
worth a try in case it is your problem in this case.

Perhaps this discussion should be taken to another list - it's not really
related to myth development.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz