[mythtv] mythfilldatabase environment requirements

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 3 10:14:23 UTC 2007

> Robin Gilks wrote:
>> I'm somewhat stuck with using tv_grab_nz-py in conjunction with
>> mythfilldatabase.
>>
>> tv_grab_nz-py works great from the command line but running it from
>> mythbackend as a scheduled mythfilldatabase activity causes problems
>> which
>> may be related to my environment. If I can get some idea of the
>> expectations of the grabber/backend combo then perhaps I can fix it!!
>>
> No doubt someone will tell you that this belongs on the user list, but
> here's
> what I'd try. It might be a little left field of what you're trying to do,
> but ... set up a script /usr/local/bin/gomythfilldatabase that sets up
> _all_
> the necessary environment then calls /usr/local/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.
>
> When the script works properly from the command line, set the
> mythfilldatabase
> command in myth to '/usr/local/bin/gomythfilldatabase'.

Not too dissimilar to what I'm trying to do - except I'm trying to make
sure that the environment I start the backend up with is correct, not just
the mythfilldatabase run. Thanks for the thought though.

I still can't find anything about getting the backend to fire off a
mythfilldatabase on demand to test it though. I'm hoping that the addition
of PYTHONPATH will fix it. Reckon I'll find out in the morning :-(

--
Robin Gilks