[mythtv] mythbackend segemenation fault on scheduling items

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 05:56:20 UTC 2007

2007/10/3, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> However, a mythfilldatabase crash at shutdown should not crash
> mythbackend.  I'm thinking the "GetRecordBasename found no entry" is the
> culprit (and is likely due to using differing versions of mythtv
> programs (i.e. mythbackend and mythfrontend are different versions) or
> due to a corrupt database--i.e. from a failed DB schema upgrade, which
> itself was likely due to bad data in the database).

mythbackend and mythfronend are on the same box and both are the same version.
If the database is corrupted, these crashes should probably occur in
the regular period while doing something particular, or?

> Really this is a question for the -users list.  If you were proposing a
> patch to change mythtv, it would be appropriate for the -dev list.
> Troubleshooting issues should /always/ start on the -users list.

This sounded to me more like a mythtv bug and I checked the user list
for some similar posts, but I did not find anything. I just posted
this questions on the users list. Sorry.

Thanks.

M.