[mythtv] System Flash drive and mythgallery

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Mon Oct 1 04:35:47 UTC 2007

Sam Logen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have another issue with the Mythtv system I'm
> building - this one an aesthetic issue.  My system
> incorporates a flash drive for some of its system
> files.  Whenever it is mounted, the OSD switches to
> the mythgallery browser - as if it thinks that the
> flash drive contains pictures or other media.  The
> flash drive is recognized as /dev/sdb.  How can I get
> mythgallery to ignore this drive?  I have an attached
> flash card reader for anyone who wants to insert their
> flash cards from their cameras, so I don't want to
> disable all flash drives; just /dev/sdb.  If that's
> not possible, can I disable mythgallery's
> autodetection of removable drives?
>
> My intention is to have the flash drive booting the
> computer, and remaining mounted.  So when the system
> boots, I'd like it to boot to the main menu and not
> the mythgallery browser.
>
> I would very much appreciate any help on this,
> thanks,
> Sam

Essentially, I do this in MiniMyth. When people use a local flash drive
to boot MiniMyth, I do not want the local flash drive reported as a
removabled media drive to MythTV.

MythTV receives notifications from udev of drive state changes through a
FIFO that it creates called /tmp/mythtv_media. Typically, there is a
udev script that calls another script that sends the events to the FIFO.
You can modify either script to filter out the device that you do not
what to be reported to MythTV.