[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14990 by danielk

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Thu Nov 29 23:20:47 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 23:12:58 Nigel Pearson wrote:
> >       Author: danielk
> >         Date: 2007-11-29 20:36:48 +0000 (Thu, 29 Nov 2007)
> > New Revision: 14990
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14990
> >
> > Modified:
> >
> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.cpp
> >
> > Log:
> >
> > Refs #4075. Fixes some VERBOSE macros.
> >
> > Some of the new autodiscovery created QString::null's which were
> > redirected to cout. On my system this causes cout to stop sending
> > data to the console.
>
> Bummer. Looks like I will have to start
> using "" instead of QString::null ?

QString::null is deprecated in qt4. It won't be a problem for VERBOSE
macros since QStrings can't be redirected directly in iostreams. A null
string is created by the empty constructor.
But null QStrings will cause trouble for database queries in the qt4
port. A null string can't be inserted into a non NULL field.

Janne