[mythtv] HAL and myth was "thoughts about the "mythtv sucks" comments... " was "video sources"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 29 17:52:47 UTC 2007

On 11/28/2007 11:38 PM, Chris Ribe wrote:
> Then Mike Dean joined in and said (grossly paraphrased for dramatic
> effect) "Everything is perfect the way it is, and no one has ever
> complained about this problem."

Uh, you misspelled my name (see below), and, besides, I'm just saying
what Dr. Pangloss told me to say.  :)

> Now, my point here isn't to pick on Mike, either. He communicates more
> with the user base than any other dev.

As Stuart mentioned, I'm not a dev, so feel free to ignore my opinion (I
often do).  And, BTW, Jay's Programming Sources wording isn't too bad.
I just didn't feel sending a message after his suggestion just to say so
was required--as I don't believe my opinion carries enough wait (pun
intended) for people to hold off on making a change because I said I
didn't like the names that were previously suggested.

Candide