[mythtv] Jitterometer: Mixed progressive & interlaced frames?

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Mon Nov 26 19:00:54 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 26. November 2007 schrieb Mark Buechler:
> Thanks for your reply. I had no idea that providers were doing that.
> I have been forcing the deinterlacer on in these cases.
>
> I've been thinking of patching Myth for this type of content but the
> only way I could think to do so would be to increase the threshold
> but that really doesn't fix the problem as much as hide it.

there is no perfect one, except:
let the deinterlacer runs on each frame and let them decide to
deinterlace or to return original frame.(based on frame flags which can
be overridden from playback menu)

other (easier) idea: make the change from interlaced to progressive much
stronger (need more consecutive progressive frames) then the opposite
way.
another: if(interlaced inside current show)
prefer_interlace=true;//problem with commercial breaks

I would prefer the first (perfect) one.

--
Markus Schulz

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion