[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14956 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Nov 26 16:02:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 10:31 -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2007 5:44 PM,  <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
> >       Author: danielk
> >         Date: 2007-11-25 22:44:36 +0000 (Sun, 25 Nov 2007)
> > New Revision: 14956
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14956
> > Refs #3872. Do a firewire bus reset when required in the LinuxFirewireDevice.

> would it be possible to get this option to remain "off" if more than
> one STB connected via firewire is present? I found that manually
> enabling this previously did not solve the problem for me and caused
> problems if my second STB was recording. This is what prompted me to
> write the channel change script I have in my wiki user page and I've
> found this script has fixed the 0bit recording issue for myself and a
> few others without the need for a bus reset. Enabling this "feature"
> would just cause a big headache for those with more than one STB and
> on top of that won't necessarily fix the issue.

My assumption was that: 1/ most people don't connect multiple STB's on
the same firewire bus & 2/ those that do might prefer a bad frame over
a lost recording & 3/ those with multiple STB's on the same firewire
bus that prefer lost recordings or have some other way to avoid the
problem like your own script can disable the resets in mythtv-setup.

Steven, if you could incorporate whatever magic you're doing into the
internal firewire channel changer that would probably make a good
patch...

-- Daniel