[mythtv] Best way to completely rebuild SVN? (errors in cdrip.cpp)

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Wed Nov 21 22:19:27 UTC 2007

>> What is the best way to completely rebuild without checking out a new
>> source tree?  Do I need
>> to do make "clean", make "distclean" or both in a certain order?  The
>> script I use is below but
>>

> You need to install mythtv before building the plugins.

If all you want to do is develop, and not bother installing all of myth,
just the libraries required by mythplugins, plus dependencies, should
do.  In debian-based systems like Ubunty just type "apt-get
build-depends mythplugins".   yum or emerge probably have similar features.

If you've made changes to your SVN tree that you want to get rid of I
think there's an SVN command to revert to an earlier version.  At least
there is in BZR (which I use), but that may be because I create a local
branch instead of checking out. Somebody may have to correct me on that,
in any case that should save you from having to re-download everything. :-)

Does either of those tidbits help you?

--
 - Hendrixski

How to ask questions:
 * Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
 * Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
 * Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please" and "thank you"

How to answer questions:
 * Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
 * Give information, ask if it answers their question.  Rinse & Repeat
 * Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say "Read This Fine Manual"