[mythtv] Video Sources - time to call them what they are?

Justin Hornsby justin at mythtvthemes.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 10:37:04 UTC 2007

For some time now I've considered the possibility that 'Video Sources'
are causing more confusion among users than necessary.

Those of us more familiar with MythTV have no problem understanding the
relationship between capture cards, card inputs & the 'video sources'.
For new users though, the words 'video sources' more than likely conjure
up images of actual video inputs - something that doesn't bear any
relation to 'sources of TV Guide data'.

So, I'm proposing that 'Video Sources' are renamed 'TV Guide data
sources' or something similar.  I know that it'll no doubt mess up some
translations but if we're all on board with the idea it'll be  trivial
to fix.  Somewhat more involved (but hardly the end of the world) would
be updating table & column names to suit.

Would anybody object to this?

Justin