[mythtv] Debugging failed DVB-T recordings

Jason Lewis jasonblewis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 03:23:19 UTC 2007

James Fidell wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>

>> "mythbackend -v channel,record,siparser" will provide a lot more useful
>> information. Often this type of thing happens when broadcasters move
>> channels around, when this happens you need to delete the problem
>> channels are rescan the input. We used to continually do these scans
>> in the backend, but it tended to break working setups more often than
>> it actually helped anyone so that functionality was removed.
>>

> Thanks for that.  In this case it's not that channels have moved around.
> It just seems to be a completely random problem -- a programme on one
> channel might fail to record, yet a couple of hours later another on the
> same channel (and recorded using the same tuner) works fine.
>
> I'll try it out and see what I get.
>
> James

Hi James,

I also experience this behaviour. I'll also enable the same logging and
see if matches up.

The other day I rebooted and had no missing recordings for more than 24
hours, then I got one last night. It made me think it might be a problem
that gets worse over time until a reboot? I have no real evidence of
this, only a gut feeling. I also wonder if it is a DVB problem or a
mythtv problem.

Jason