[mythtv] Debugging failed DVB-T recordings

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 18:13:52 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> "mythbackend -v channel,record,siparser" will provide a lot more useful
> information. Often this type of thing happens when broadcasters move
> channels around, when this happens you need to delete the problem
> channels are rescan the input. We used to continually do these scans
> in the backend, but it tended to break working setups more often than
> it actually helped anyone so that functionality was removed.

Thanks for that.  In this case it's not that channels have moved around.
It just seems to be a completely random problem -- a programme on one
channel might fail to record, yet a couple of hours later another on the
same channel (and recorded using the same tuner) works fine.

I'll try it out and see what I get.

James