[mythtv] Debugging failed DVB-T recordings

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Nov 20 17:51:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 17:17 +0000, James Fidell wrote:
> Sent this to the users list a few weeks back, but got no response.  Can
> anyone here point me in the right direction?  (This is with 0.20.2.)
>
> I think I'm down to the last of my problems with failed recordings now.
> I'm running "mythbackend -v important,general,record,channel" and
> comparing the output of a program which failed to record against one
> that worked ok.  First, the program that worked:
>
> It appears however that the failed recording never gets to the
> "AddFlags: Seen(PAT,) Match() Wait()" and perhaps that's the cause of
> the failure.  Is there any reason why, given that it has a signal lock,
> it shouldn't see the PAT?  Are there any other flags I can enable to
> debug this further (or even changes I can make to the code to shed
> further light)?

"mythbackend -v channel,record,siparser" will provide a lot more useful
information. Often this type of thing happens when broadcasters move
channels around, when this happens you need to delete the problem
channels are rescan the input. We used to continually do these scans
in the backend, but it tended to break working setups more often than
it actually helped anyone so that functionality was removed.

-- Daniel