[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14914 - in trunk/themes by justinh

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Nov 20 10:12:54 UTC 2007

mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: justinh
>         Date: 2007-11-20 09:08:23 +0000 (Tue, 20 Nov 2007)
> New Revision: 14914
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14914
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/themes/ProjectGrayhem-wide/ui.xml
>    trunk/themes/ProjectGrayhem/ui.xml
>    trunk/themes/blootube-wide/ui.xml
>    trunk/themes/blootube/ui.xml
>    trunk/themes/blootubelite-wide/ui.xml
>    trunk/themes/neon-wide/ui.xml
>
> Log:
>
> Fixes issue brought about by changeset 11300 from one year ago (!).  I'd have thought someone might have reported this by now, but hey..

What about having some sort of versioning system for themes that would
at least detect problems like this in the future? One thing you can
always be sure of, unless something is badly broken, is that the default
theme will always work properly. At the moment if a theme doesn't have a
particular window definition then the default one will be used. What
about extending that to also look for a minimum required window version
and if the theme doesn't support the required version fall back to the
default one - it might not look pretty but at least the default should
work as intended.

The window definition would be extended to include a version number
something like this:-
<window name="programguide" version="1">

I haven't thought this though very well and I'm sure there are many
flaws with this idea like how to handle someone using an old version of
myth with a newer version of a theme but maybe the idea can be extended
into a workable solution?

Paul H.