[mythtv] OSD RTL languages patch

Ahmed Toulan thelinuxer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:40:13 UTC 2007

Hi All,
I attached a patch to correct the viewing of OSD text for RTL
languages. It uses fribidi lib.

This should work for Hebrew and Persian using the stable released
fribidi library, just make sure you choose a font that supports these
languages.

Arabic language needs the fribidi2 module from cvs, so as to get
correct shaping and joining. The configure script still doesn't handle
this, but if there's a tendency to accept this, I will gladly fix it.

I just wanted to get an early opinion about it.

The patch is for mythtv.0.21

This is part of the Heliocreek front port by OpenCraft company.

Best Regards,
Ahmed Toulan.