[mythtv] Simple MythWeb hack...help needed

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:53:13 UTC 2007

OK, here is what I did and it seems to work.

First, I installed the mod_auth_openid
module<http://butterfat.net/wiki/Projects/ModAuthOpenID>(I had to use
the one from the SVN repository to get it to build).  Then I
just turned on the authentication with the directive:

AuthOpenIDEnabled                 On

This passes the authenticated users OpenID as "REMOTE_USER" in the request.
So then I modified session.php in MythWeb to include this fragment of PHP
code:

    if (!empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'])) {
      $authusers = array("http://openid1", "http://openid2"); // Obviously,
I put legit URLs in mine
      $remuser = $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'];
      $authorized = False;
      foreach ($authusers as $authuser) {
        if ($authuser==$remuser) {
          $authorized = True;
        }
      }
      if (!$authorized) {
        echo "Sorry, '".$remuser."' is not authorized to access this site.
";
        exit;
      }
    }

Now remember, I don't know PHP so I'm happy for constructive feedback on how
to make this better.  So if anybody wants to make their MythWeb OpenID
enabled, this is one way to do it.

--
Mike