[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14872 by stuartm

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Thu Nov 15 21:03:19 UTC 2007

Petr Stehlik wrote:
> mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org píše v Čt 15. 11. 2007 v 17:24 +0000:
>
>> Addresses some issues with the preview scaling changes which showed up
>> with different themes and unusual resolutions.
>>
>> Please keep reports coming, since I doubt I've seen the last of the
>> problems.
>>
> I would love to but I run the multirec branch. Well - wouldn't it be
> possible to run trunk frontend with multirec backend? The multirec
> changes are mostly in backend, aren't they? I know the protocol is made
> incompatible intentionally now but I am wondering if it wouldn't be
> possible to make it compatible at least in a local build for now (until
> the multirec is merged).
>
> Petr

Wouldn't running a part of one branch on the same setup as another
branch would probably give a few arbitrary errors as far as testing is
concerned?  It's probably a better solution for you to install trunk
(front and back) in either a chroot or a virtual machine.  In fact, if
your computer can handle it, you can have one of each branch in a
separate virtual machine, and run them simultaneously, to compare
features.  Cool, huh?

--
 - Hendrixski

How to ask questions:
 * Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
 * Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
 * Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please" and "thank you"

How to answer questions:
 * Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
 * Give information, ask if it answers their question.  Rinse & Repeat
 * Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say "Read This Fine Manual"