[mythtv] Parser not found for Codec Id: 94211 !

kala mazoo myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:19:37 UTC 2007

Hi there,
         I've been using mythtv since the 0.18 release -- it's now 0.20.2
release, and I've still got a curious problem with it which hasn't 'gone
away' in all this time : perhaps I should've mentioned it earlier...?...

The actual problem?...the tail of the launching terminal reports this ;

[mpegts @ 0x2b554db493e0]Parser not found for Codec Id: 94211 !
2007-11-01 13:27:18.678 AFD: Opened codec 0x22470d0, id(MPEG2VIDEO)
type(Video)
2007-11-01 13:27:18.678 AFD: Opened codec 0x9fc890, id(MP3) type(Audio)
2007-11-01 13:27:18.678 AFD: Opened codec 0xc87970, id(AC3) type(Audio)
2007-11-01 13:30:01.335 NVP: prebuffering pause ....

Note the first line about the (unknown?) Codec Id. Obviously, when using
mythfrontend in liveTV playback mode, this isn't a problem -- the stream
is ultimately identified with known codecs, and everything works okay...

However, everything *doesn't* work okay when it comes transcoding files
for whatever purpose. (in fact, I'm not even sure if commercial skipping
is working properly, and whether or not this same problem is causing that
problem too -- I don't watch much commercial teevee, but I can check this
if you want me to)....
                    ...Essentially, when the transcode process sees that
'Parser not found for Codec Id: 94211 !' line, it bails-out immediately
with an error...like this ;

2007-07-31 11:46:21.921 Unknown video codec:
2007-07-31 11:46:21.921 Transcoding /mnt/store//1007_20070731003000.mpg
failed
2007-07-31 11:46:21.922 Deleting /mnt/store//1007_20070731003000.mpg.tmp

 I deduced this all by compiling things in 'debug' mode to discover
'Unknown video codec' was actually referring to the Codec Id: 94211
parser error....

So...all the 'standard' questions apply : what is this? where is this? and
how do we fix this? I can help out if needed -- I've 10+ years linux
experience and know my way around ....

        Kind regards,

                      Brett