[mythtv] Looking for Close Captioning info.

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Thu Nov 8 16:03:01 UTC 2007

Hi...

Am looking for closed captioning information and how CC is embedded into
a mythtv video file.  I assume the TV tuner card captures the OTA NTSC
data off the VBI and presents it to ivtv which in turn presents it to
the mythtv back end.  Then what happens....?  How does the myth font end
decode it?

(I looked at the mythtv wiki but it really only deals with configuring
the front and back end for CC - no "hows-it-done" stuff.  And looking
over the subject lines of this list for the past year + I only see bug
reports and more configuration issues.)

...thanks