[mythtv] detecting activity - not signal. > cablebox_on.sh

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 04:51:45 UTC 2007

Thank for the responses guys ....I found the $! method just after the
posting.  This script solves my rebooting cable box problem.  It's not
like I could complain to the cable company about it.  They'd probably
do it more often if they knew they were messing up my recordings
considering they have thier own DVR service to offer.  Anyway it
samples /dev/video0 or the end of the current mythtv recording, makes
2 stills and compares the difference in color.  If there is no
difference it turns the box on and changes to the last channel in
mythbackend.log.  Enjoy!

Peter