[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14791 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Nov 7 04:15:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 01:07 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Friday 02 November 2007 17:34:00 mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >>       Author: danielk
> >>         Date: 2007-11-02 16:33:59 +0000 (Fri, 02 Nov 2007)
> >> New Revision: 14791
> >>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14791
> >>
> >> Log:
> >>
> >> Fixes #4096. Channel list was empty after a certain series of
> >> actions.
> >>
> >> The problem was not in the channel editor but in the ListBoxSetting
> >> itself which deleted the reference to the current MythListBox widget
> >> after configWidget was called the second time. Also clearSelections()
> >> did not properly clear the list if there already was a widget. This
> >> fixes both problems.
> >
> > And introduces a regression for the "Capture cards", "Video sources" and
> > "Input connections" screen.

> I meant to mail someone about this, but totally forgot.
>
> I was getting segv's all over the place in mythtv-setup the other day
> which I guessed was related to this commit but didn't get the chance to
> play with things and do a debugging build for a half decent bt... glad
> you've mention it :)

There is a patch in #4128. Unfortunately my e-mail has been on the
fritz for a few days so I've been attending to that rather than
testing. Before [14791] ListBoxSetting was listening to a signal
to reset the widget pointer, but the signal would often arrive
after the widget had gotten a new valid pointer in the Channel
List dialog. I did manage to dig down into the code and figure
out the right place to place the widget pointer resetting code
so that it isn't misfired but is actually fired where needed for
these other screens. I should have the some time to finish testing
this patch tomorrow morning.

-- Daniel