[mythtv] Controlling the DCT2000 series STB

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:21:32 UTC 2007

On 11/6/07, Worldnet <onley at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > I don't think mythtv will do this for you but I can imagine you couldset
> > this up with lirc and an external script. Something like:
> > 1) Map your STB commands to an unused remote button2) Point LIRC to a
> > script to execute when these are pushed3) Do a query to find which STB
> > is displaying LiveTV4) Send the right/left/up/down/select command to the
> > STB

> This would work well but my question is number 3. I can alter the scripts
> to send the commands but how do you query the backend to see which tuner
> you are watching?

I would expect you would just query the database and pull out the info
you need.  I can't give specifics until later tonight since I don't
have access to my database atm. Somewhere you can find which tuner is
recording LiveTV and then map that to the command to send over the
serial line.  Of course you have to be careful if you have more than
one frontend since there could be more than one LiveTV going...

I probably wouldn't personally go through all the hoops to make this
work with lirc but I can imagine five scripts stb_up, stb_down,
stb_right, stb_left, stb_select.  I could run these from my laptop and
navigate the menus good enough for my purposes.