[mythtv] dev and release builds on same machine?

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:57:33 UTC 2007

On 06/11/2007, Mark Rafn <dagon at dagon.net> wrote:
<snip>
> Are there instructions somewhere for setting up the "standard" development
> system alongside a production system, including maybe how to set up a
> dummy tuner (or "steal" a tuner from production only when not needed), and
> how to clone and upgrade your production data (including symlinks to the
> video files, so deletes won't affect production)?

Hi Mark,

It is possible to setup a dummy file based tuner, I am not sure if
there are instructions available though.

You can create a dummy recorder with some mysql-fu shown below. You
have to have compiled mythtv to support MPEG recorders and you will
get various warnings in the log files. But it works.

mysql> INSERT INTO capturecard (cardtype, hostname, videodevice)
VALUES ('MPEG','myhostname','file:/mythstore/tmp/dummy.mpg');

This creates a new capture card that will tune dummy.mpg on a loop.

Not sure about the rest of your questions. :)

HTH,

Roo.