[mythtv] dev and release builds on same machine?

Mark Rafn dagon at dagon.net
Mon Nov 5 15:53:44 UTC 2007

I'm currently running 0.20.0, but I'd like to start understanding it
better, and possibly hack a few things (like making upnp work better/at
all with my Netgear EVA8000).

The first step, of course, is running a newer codebase.  However, missing
recordings when something goes wrong reduces the WAF significantly.

Questions:
1) are there svn versions/branches that get tagged occasionally as
"somewhat stable", as opposed to whatever's in trunk at the moment?

2) alternately, is it recommended that I just run two systems - leave
0.20.2 running for daily use, and test/develop on an svn build that hits a
different DB?
--
Mark Rafn    dagon at dagon.net    <http://www.dagon.net/>