[mythtv] Need help catching a segfault in mythbackend?

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Tue May 22 16:36:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:19:21 -0500
"Carl Fongheiser" <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:

> One is to set your system up so that it
> will generate core dumps.

I already tried that and I either did not get everything setup or it
just did not work.

In any case, I have started mythbackend under a gdb session and I will
leave it like this (although, I did see a lot of "no debugging symbols
found" messages).

What I am afraid is that the segfault is somehow related to the
wakeup-record sequence and me starting the backend and leaving it
changes the behavior. I guess, I'll see tonight...

As a side note, it might be helpful to include a paragraph in the
"Debugging with GDB" section of the documentation on setting up a
machine to dump core files. This could prove useful in the future.

Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net