[mythtv] Problem with mythweb thumbnails in trunk

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Sat May 19 08:04:33 UTC 2007

Mr. Myth wrote:
> I am having a problem with thumbnails in mythweb while running trunk.
> I do not believe this is the upnp problem mentioned previously.

I was earlier struggling with thumbnails because I had started backend
with -noupnp switch. But if not all of your thumbnails fail, it's
probably something else.

Check the HTML-page source for your recorded programs page in MythWeb.
For me, because the UPnP was not enabled MythWeb couldn't get thumbnails
  from the backend. End result was that (if I remember correctly) a HTTP
404 type of error message is printed to image source tag. This is not
visible when you look at the page, you have to check the page source to
see it. Chris, maybe this could be improved somehow..? :)

I also thought about putting some special icon/image to thumbnail when
thumbnail creation fails (some kind of red error symbol), but I'm not
really sure if these (ugly?) error symbols are better than just showing
black area when thumbnail cannot be found.

> When I then click 'Recorded Programs' in mythweb, I see the errors below
> in the mythbackend.log
>
> 2007-05-18 09:37:00.069 AFD: Opened codec 0x2aaabc0bd950, id(MP2)
> type(Audio)
> QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
> QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range

I think these might not be related to your problem. I have similar
situation.. and now that you also mentioned it, I created a ticket. See
#3478.
--
   Otto