[mythtv] RFC: Delete protection from within Myth

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:09:12 UTC 2007

I find that I am accumulating more and more music specials in my
"Watch Recording" screen. I want to keep these recordings handy and
have thought about how best to do it.

Enhancement: Delete protection from within Myth
=============================
- Add a field to the database (recordedprogram table I think) called
"nodelete", this would be a bool to indicate that the recorded program
is not to be deleted (strangely enough). If this field is missing or
false then deleting is allowed.

- In watch recording screen, when displaying the
PlaybackBox::showActionPopup, grey out (make unavailable) the "Delete"
option if the nodelete bool is true, or provide feedback to user
another way.

- Also grey out the delete options on the popup in the delete recordings screen.

- Add menu items to the "Storage Options" to toggle the nodelete flag
for a recording.

- Update mythweb to honour the nodelete flag.

Any thoughts if this is the "right way" to implement delete protection
and whether it could make it into trunk.

Cheers,

Roo