[mythtv] MythTV on low cost embedded hardware

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sun May 13 09:33:21 UTC 2007

Wim Fokkens wrote:
>> ** Note, the MediaMVP is not a HD capable box (that's why I said
>> "most").  It only has Composit & S-Video output.  However, most consider
>> the S-Video output as being good.  I don't know of any HD capable box
>> that has an open source project ported to it.
>
> Is this one an option?
> http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=UK%
> 2FLayout&cid=1150490629179&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=29
> 17960635B02
>
> It can decode almost everything including HD mpeg4
>
> Maximum flexibility
> Play absolutely everything in your library. KiSS DP-600 and play all media
> formats including DVDs, CDs, Windows Media 9, Nero Digital, DivX High
> Definition, MPEG-1,2,4, XviD, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Jpeg and PNG Picture files.
> Featuring playback for Nero Digital Format, we have included all of your
> encoding software: Nero ShowTime 2-CE, Recode 2-CE and MediaHome
>
> And the source code is available.
> http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=UK%
> 2FLayout&cid=1129319214597&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
>

> ftp://ftp.linksys.com/opensourcecode/KiSS/KiSS_GPL.zip
>
> And I think for a HD capable player this one is pretty cheap.
> http://www.divxplayer.nl/2006/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_
> id=836
>

> Wim

WOW

This platform looks amazing!!!

Check out this bad boy:

http://dev.kiss-technology.com/

This devices allows you to point it to a "My KML" page.

KML is a form of XML that the KiSS media player understands. It looks
like this little cheap device could be VERY powerful, even without
modifying it's firmware/os etc.

Check it out,

Steve Daniels