[mythtv] dvb-c scanning problems

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Fri May 11 23:07:42 UTC 2007

Markus Schulz wrote:
> hello,
>
> i've some trouble with transponder scans on my dvb-c network.
>
> My provider broadcasts wrong NIT(-other) data, it comes directly from
> satelit and therefore is completely wrong for my cable-network.
> Also scanning with a correctely prefilled dtv_multiplex list breaks all
> channels and destroys the multiplex list (all mutiplexes are updated
> with wrong [dvb-s] data).
> The multiplexes will be overwritten cause the get_dtv_multiplex() (used
> inside insert_dtv_multiplex to find existing) method dont respect the
> modulation parameter for dvb. For users with DVB-c _and_ DVB-s cards
> this should be fixed too.
>
> Whats now the best way to solve this? Make it switchable (enable/disable
> of NIT-processing)? Or better to check if NIT informations are for the
> same network type what we are scanning and drop the NIT informations if
> it was for another type?
>
> For the latter i've taken a look into SIScan::HandleNIT(), here this
> could be handled. But i don't know how to detect which
> network-scan-type is currently running to skip the
> ChannelUtil::CreateMultiplexes() call if desc.DescriptorTag() was
> different.
> HandleNIT seems to be called thru QT-Events, but don't find from which
> place. Can someone give me a hint?
>

> Whats the general way for scanning dvb-[cst] with an empty mulitplex
> list from users-point of view?
> I think it would be nice to support the transponder lists from dvb-utils
> package and let the user choose a transponder list based on his region.

Let me guess......

1/ Germany
2/ small private cable network
3/ no affiliation of this network with either KDG, KBW, unity media, ...

Solution:
create a script to:
a/ modify the TS back to what they need to be (to be applied after each
scan)
b/ scan only 1 TS at a time, and do *not* scan all known TS
c/ delete each unwanted DVB-S TS incorrectly added after each TS scan.

Its how i got my Dutch DVB-C working, where (as usual) NIT-Others is
used in stead of NIT-Actual.

Cheers