[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat May 12 00:06:27 UTC 2007

Cameron Kilgore wrote:
> I understand and respect the direction the myth developers want to
> take the application, but not acting like there are going to be some
> new users that will stumble upon the site is turning away from the
> obvious (we've gotten a lot of attention through Digg the past year
> and a half). There are ways we can do this that will not scare away
> the developers, force a rebranding or change of direction of the
> project.

Please let me kill this discussion before it goes too far.  This thread
is for discussion about the design/layout of the new website, and should
not have anything to do with making MythTV easier to install/configure.
 Nor should it (or this list, imho) ever be for talk about why it's not
MythTV's fault for being difficult to install/configure.

Most/all of the developers are aware of these shortcomings (e.g. there
is a good chance that MySQL will eventually be embedded directly into
part of MythTV), and if people still want to talk about them, please
create a new thread to do so.

We *will* be eventually talking about how to make the website more
inviting (I envision a detailed "about" page with lots of screenshots
and information), but that's a "content" discussion and I would rather
wait for it until after we all agree on a general look-feel for the site
as a whole.

-Chris