[mythtv] ALSA audio capture

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Mon May 7 15:21:55 UTC 2007

Anand K. Mistry wrote:
> Thanks Anduin for the constructive comments.  I think I've taken care of
> all your concerns (incl. using an auto_ptr).  I've also prepended m_ to
> class member variables and added /* vim: set expandtab tabstop=4
> shiftwidth=4: */ as per the coding standards doc.  I've attached the
> updated code onto the trac ticket (3405).

I do like where you're going with this patch. OSS _is_ marked DEPRECATED
after all. With mythtv_alsa-2.patch applied, building with --disable-audio-oss
fails:-

NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp: In member function ‘int NuppelVideoRecorder::AudioInit(bool)’:
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp:640: error: ‘afmt’ was not declared in this scope
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp:641: error: ‘afd’ was not declared in this scope
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp:642: error: ‘frag’ was not declared in this scope

To me, the introduction of USING_OSS & USE_ALSA looks like a "good thing",
and maybe the tests on HAVE_SYS_SOUNDCARD_H/HAVE_SOUNDCARD_H can be refined.

rfc?

cheers, Cal